Welcome! I am the founder of Financial Goddess, a Virtual CFO and International Business
Consulting services firm. My vast and varied professional experience has given me a unique
perspective and a winning edge as a Virtual CFO and International Business Consultant.
My Qualifications & Experience
I hold a Masters degree in Commerce, majoring in professional accounting. Equipped with a Master’s Degree in Commerce,and being a Fellow of Institute of Public Accountants in Australia and a Fellow Financial Accountant in UK, I have developed successful business strategies, systems and processes that has helped hundreds of start-ups, SME’s and global enterprises thrive in an ever-changing business market.
I have over 16 years of professional experience working in both public practice and in senior executive roles for multinational corporations. Some of the industries that I have worked for include IT, Transport, Manufacturing, Health & Wellness, Financial Services, Beauty Industry, Education, Not for Profit, Construction, Real Estate, Legal Services and more. This vast and diverse industry experience has given me the comprehensive expertise to implement positive business outcomes by overcoming financial and management challenges.
So my journey started from here
I started my career in 2002, working for Westfield, a major global retailer. During this time, I also worked as a Treasurer for Youth Council for 2 years. This was unpaid, voluntary role that I was offered. After that, I have climbed the accounting and finance career ladder working for organizations like The Royal College of Pathologists for Australasia and I was second in charge, the right hand to the company Director as well as the head of the accounting team for Australian Urethane Manufacturer. At the age of 24 I started my first own business a mobile accounting, business consulting & bookkeeping practice, which I ran for 4 years. This has abruptly ended when I was faced with divorce and being a single mum with 2 kids a 6 years old and a 2 years old.
During that time I was contacted by IBM in New York and was offered a role to be the Head of Finance in Australia for their Bluewolf subsidiary. I pursued this opportunity for 3 years. During my role as the Head of Finance, I had to partner with teams across many countries around the world and had to report directly to the executive team based in New York.
While working for IBM, I was also responsible for overlooking the objectives of the internal Operations, HR and IT teams.
Then I went on to head finance at the Australian Commercial Group of companies that includes Excavation, Hydraulic and Plumbing businesses . After about a year, I was recruited as the Head of Finance for global luxury furniture brand. While working for this global luxury furniture company I was also responsible for managing the operational needs in the New Zealand & Australia regions.
I moved on to pursue another interesting role as the General Manager for the Head Quarters of an International Design House, manufacturer and wholesaler of naturally sustainable sculptured decor and furniture for both indoor and outdoor use. The consolidated group includes companies in UK, USA, Vietnam and Hong Kong. And has over 21 distributors around Europe and AsiaPacific. As a GM of the head office I worked closely with the Board of Directors and country managers to ensure both operational and financial objectives of each business and group are met.
My experience from working in the accounting firms (mine and for someone else) exposed me to the management and financial challenges of various entity types and sizes and from many industries.
I am also experienced in setting up companies, super funds, tax audits and review for most entities excluding publicly listed companies.
I was also responsible for applying for private rulings for clients.
Throughout my consulting career, apart from heading finance for many businesses I have also managed private wealth of high net worth individuals.
Apart from achieving professional milestones, I also believe in contributing to the community
Not only was able to contribute to the community and help the causes I feel passionately about, however I also gained valuable skills, knowledge and experience.
- I was a Board member on the Youth Action Policy Association NSW for the year 2004 – 2005 (voluntary position)
- I was also a Treasurer for Liverpool Youth Council 2002 – 2004 responsible for main budget and individual projects budgets.
- Councillor for Liverpool Youth Council for 2002 – 2004 addressing issues such as: Transport,Employment, Safety, Facilities and Services for Young people, Environment and Social Harmony.
- As a councillor I was also involved in: interviewing others for the roles in the Youth Council, Sponsorships, Marketing and Promotion of Local Youth Events, Advocacy, Idea and Creation of Youth Space at Liverpool Library, idea and creation of Kelso Skate Park in Moorebank and various public speaking events.
- Youth representative on the Crime Prevention Committee – reduce crime and cost of crimeto the local community by implementing strategies that involve young people in their communities. Working with major stakeholders such as local governments, Police, Shopping Centre Owners and Management and local schools.
- I ran healthy lifestyle radio for a local community in Liverpool for youths aged 12- 24. It was a weekly segment on 89.3FM 2GLF
- I have also raised awareness and run a major successful petition that save jobs for essential services of FLYHT – Fairfield Liverpool Youth Health Team. Through major campaign in the local media, gaining community support and advocacy to South Western Area Health Service, I helped to prevent major job cutbacks for this essential Service.
- I was a Youth Ambassador for Sydney 2000 Olympics and Paralympics for which I have received formal recognition certificate from NSW Premier.
- As of September 2016, I am also a member of UN Women, working toward economic empowerment of Women in the 3rd world countries.
- As of Aug 2016, I am also a member of NSW Council of Social Service – advocacy for economic empowerment.
My Main vision
“I am passionate about helping business owners thrive and succeed in their business. Working with talented business owners, my clients are great at what they do and are passionate about it, however when it comes to managing the business operations, financials and compliance they feel stressed out and overwhelmed, which takes away the joy of running their own business in the first place. My main goal is to elevate that stress, bring back that passion and help them create a business model that delivers on both numbers and their business vision. ”
I personally believe this is the start of a wonderful, long term business partnership!